Tuesday, May 22, 2007

More Ocean things.

Blame this on my son, but here's some more cool ocean depth thingies. An article from the New York Times: Mysteries to Behold in the Dark Down Deep

When you ask Mason what he wants to be when he grows up, he never hesitates. He says, "A marine biologist." Occasionally, without provocation, he will ask us when he can start taking diving lessons. I tell him he has to first learn how to swim. The thing that makes me happy about this is that, it seems to me that Mason will still have plenty to explore (provided we don't poison our oceans to death) given that scientists are discovering new species almost every day, it seems. This beauty is a ping-pong tree sponge. Cool, huh?

Oh, and I should probably report that the signing/reading last night at Dreamhaven was a mitigated success. It was successful in that a lot of people showed up (probably a dozen or more), but mitigated by the fact that in the middle of reading "Fire and Ice and Linguine for Two" (my upcoming pub in MANY BLOODY RETURNS) I discovered that I was missing a page. Everyone asked me to make up what was missing, but I guessed wrong and ended up telling them what I was about to read on the next page. Still, everyone was surprisingly forgiving and a good time was had by all (or, at least by me.) We all went out to pizza afterward and a friend from college, Nick, showed up! So that was a nice surprise.

1 comment:

Darkson said...

Glad the reading went well. Sorry I missed it, but my oldest daughter had her final High School Orchestra performance last night. Catch you at the Uncles sometime.