A fun quiz to waste more of your precious time: What kind of fae are you?
I'm apparently dark, dark, dark... I think it was the friendly fire question that sunk me....
Not writing, mind you... reading!
Here's a fun challenge I ran across on the web today: Read A Book In A Day. The idea is to take a day off during a specified time and spend the day reading. Sounds kind of dreamy, doesn't it? Anyway, if you want to participate, check out the link and follow the instructions. They do something quarterly, but if you joing the community you can post any time you read a book and encourage others to join you in an impromtu "cover to cover challenge."
I brought several books to Indiana (where I'm vacationing right now) and my just give it a try. My biggest question is... which book?
Michele Hauf tagged me with this meme a couple of days ago, but as I'm on vacation in lovely Valpariso, Indiana, I just got it today. Here goes...
1. When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a lawyer. I loved debate and figured that law was one job that would pay me to argue.
2. I was once so geeky that I was a member of the Future Problem-Solvers of America.
3. In high school, I won a speech contest and a trip to New York. We stayed in a hotel on Time's Square and I had a secret agenda (as a small town girl) to see a prostitute, a transvestite, and a drug dealer. I saw them all, and got lost on the subway to the Bronx. It was also the only time I ever used my French language skills outside of France or Canada. The hotel room doors had a trick, you had to jiggle the handle in a special way to get them to open. When I was stuck, someone else in the hotel tried to help, but we didn't have English in common. Turned out we both sort of spoke French.
4. My favorite color is yellow. I used to think it was blue until I owned a home. Whenever Shawn and I came to a room that needed painting, I'd say: "How about yellow?"
5. I still dial-up my internet connection.
6. I like to dance in the rain. One of my favorite memories of dancing outside was waltzing with a friend at the Winnepeg Folk Festival under the stars. It was one of those nights when you could see the Milky Way.
7. I'm a huge fan of country-western music.
8. I love Hello Kitty, although I don't own a lot of stuff. I have a pair of Hello Kitty pajama bottoms and I used to have a watch.
Now, I'm supposed to tag other people, but I'm not sure I know eight people who blog. Anyone want to volunteer?