Monday, March 29, 2010

RT Review

Jill M. Smith reviewed Honeymoon of the Dead (Berkley, May 2010) for Romantic Times Book Reviews. She gave it 4 stars (highest = 4 1/2) and said:

The fifth and final chapter of witch Garnet Lacey's adventures comes to an offbeat conclusion. Garnet has grown throughout the books, but this time, some of her earlier misdeeds come back to haunt her. This highly enjoyable series embodies the old saying, what can go wrong... Thanks to Hallaway for hours of escapist delight.

Given that I didn't KNOW this was going to be the last book in the series, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the reviewer thought it held up as well as all that. Also, I didn't think that Penguin was sending out ANY review copies, so seeing something here (and so positive!) really made my day.

2 comments:

Dance To The Door said...

I can't wait to read the new book, though I must confess to a touch of disappointment upon seeing it's the last installment. I just love the series so much I hate to see it end!

tate hallaway said...

You and me both! I was totally ready to write Garnet to the grave, but... eh, it's on to other things, I guess.