Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Promoting a Friend

One of the best part of being in a writers' group, IMHO, is the free coffee. I should explain that one of the things that my writers' group does to assuage jealousy/envy is that we strongly encourage our members to buy a round of coffee/drinks at our coffee shop when there are successes, like publishing stories or books or whatever.

Doing that helps makes it much easier for me to feel really PROUD of my colleagues. To that end, I'd like to point you to my friend and fellow writer, Douglas Hulick's new debut, AMONG THIEVES, which is currently available for pre-order on Amazon.com, and which he talks about in this lovely interview at Fantasy Faction: Interview with Douglas Hulick.

If you like BFFWM (Big, Fat, Fantasy with Maps), or even if you don't, but love a good character study and a rip-roaring adventure go out and buy this book. No, buy six.

1 comment:

Carmen R said...

Looked it up on Amazon and it sounds interesting. I'll be adding it to my wish list