Monday, July 10, 2006

Postpartum Novel Depression….

So the book is off. I just sent the paper copy to the publisher this morning. Now I'm having that strange postpartum ennui I get right after I deliver.

Part of the problem is that I just spent several months in high-production mode. I wrote every night from eight or nine in the evening until midnight. Now I have nothing to do with that time. I've been watching a lot of TV and movies (including two vampires ones: I finally saw Underworld on cable at the in-laws and then on Saturday I watched another Sci-Fi Channel original vampire film, this one called The Forsaken.) But, the shine is already wearing off on that.

So I have writing ennui.

I could start the next Garnet Lacey novel. I've written outlines/synopses for the next two, but I have a weird superstition about that, which is that I don't like to start the next novel until the contract is at least being negotiated (preferably only after the contract is in the works.)

Alternate-me was invited to submit a short story to another anthology, this one about paranormal sleuths, which is right up my alley. I even have an idea, so that's probably what I’ll work on next. Of course, however, when I sit down to write I just sort of stare at the screen like I've forgotten how to write.

*sigh*

No comments: