Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Copyedited Manuscript Delivered

Yesterday evening I FedExed the copy-edited manuscript of Dead Sexy back to New York. I have to say this was the cleanest copy I've ever had to approve... which, frankly, unnerved me. I'm used to having to do all sorts of crazy last minute changes. This time I only had to answer a couple of questions, fix one herb, and that was it.

Weird.

Still, the book is that much closer to being ready to hit the shelves!

Now, I need to start working on Bloody Smashing... just one more episode of Battlestar Galactica, then I can start...

2 comments:

Knitty Yas said...

it seems to be great news when you get minimum changes back huh? i would probably freak out and ask if they really read it lol but thats me with my crazy mad-woman writing lol

ps... to stop the spam comments just go to your dashboard and turn on Word Verification (which will make all your readers feel like they are taking a typing test but oh well!) lol

tate hallaway said...

Yasamin,

They clearly read it. Most of the pages had marks on them -- slight corrections of my grammar or stylistic changes to make everything consistant with the publisher's in-house style guide. Someone HAD read it. I just didn't have to do anything with it. I mean, I'm not going to argue with a professional copy-editor over the inclusion (or exclusion) of a comma, you know? (Especially since my grasp of grammar rules isn't all THAT firm.)