Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring has finally come to Minnesota.

Friday I complained about my car door being stuck, and over the weekend temperatures climbed into the 50s (F). You've got to love Minnesotans: a little sun goes straight to their heads. I saw FOUR young men in shorts. Despite patches of unmelted snow, Mason and I broke out his bicycle and we zipped around the block. We took a walk up to Ax-Man (a surplus store that is well worth the visit if you're ever in Saint Paul -- they have all sorts of funky remaindered things like parts of baby dolls, electronic bits and pieces, to things like an iron lung and a dentist's chair.)

I also put the finishing touches on my Ostara altar. WitchSchool is having a contest and I can hardly resist a little friendly competition, so, of course, I had to enter. The picture is a bit blurry, but here's what it looks like:

I made almost everything... including painting the stencil on the altar cloth. I have this great book of Celtic knot work stencils and I photocopied the goose knots and goose from there, cut it out with the exacto (which I finally found! Thanks Shawn!), traced it onto the cloth (an old shirt), and painted over the lines with puffy fabric paint. Here's a close-up:

No comments: