Monday, June 22, 2009

New Moon Monday

As those of you who are astrologically savvy already know, today is the New Moon, which is a good time for beginning new projects and genearally starting something new. So are up to anything fun? Creative?

Me, I'm trying not to sweat too much. It's hot and muggy here in Minnesota. We're supposed to get temperatures in the 90s F (32 C). Over the weekend one of my fish tank filters decided to gum up and spot working, so this morning there was much sweating and "ewwwww"ing as I got that thing going again. Then I took out the garbage and played around in the garden just long enough to get something gross smelling on my foot. And sweat some more. This is all made much worse by the fact that this weekend I managed to get super-dooper sun burned on my back and shoulders. Yes, I used sunscreen, but not, apparently, dillegently enough. All I can say is: ouch.

Now I think I may retreat to my one air-conditioned room in the house to do a bit of writing. I'm on the second chapter of the new young-adult vampire/witch book, and it's a lot of fun so far, I have to say. I've been making good progress, which is important since it's due at the publisher on October 15.

Anyway, hope you're well, and up to starting something good today!

No comments: