Tuesday, October 13, 2009

And It's Away....

I've got a busy day ahead of me, but I just wanted to report some good news. As of ten o'clock last night, I officially delivered electronically the copy of the final manuscript for ALMOST TO DIE FOR. Now the only thing I have to do to complete my initial contractual obligations is to finish the proposal for ALMOST FINAL CURTAIN, the second book in the Vampire Princess of Saint Paul trilogy.

Yipee!

Although, I tell you, there's no rest for the writer. I finally got my revision letter for HONEYMOON OF THE DEAD from my editor and, as they got a bit behind in their schedule, they want the edits back ASAP. Luckily, I managed to talk them into a couple of weeks or my head would have exploded trying to finish ALMOST while revising HONEYMOON.

However, it's kind of like that Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times." For me, it's "may you have too many contracts." It's a funny problem to have since it's, ultimately, a good thing.

1 comment:

Gmenezes said...

Congrats on having "too many contracts!"

I am a big fan of yours, and the Garnet Lacey Series. Your personality really shines through in your writing!

When I read about how you got started as a writer, I felt as if I was reading my own autobiography! I currently work a 9-5 job that is sucking the life out of me, and I find writing to be the only thing that keeps me from taking a swan dive off the deep end!

I have written a paranormal romance novel and I am currently in the submission process of finding an agent. So far, I have received 3 form letter rejections. It can be frustrating to know that you might bee doing something wrong, but have no feedback as to what that might be. I want to learn and grow, instead of repeating the same mistakes.

As an accomplished author, could you share some tips of helpful hints?

Thank you, and best of luck in all of your future endeavors!

Gina Menezes