Thursday, March 26, 2009

Goddess, Revisions, and Meditations

I *do* hope to write more about my epiphany about duality, once I figure it out more. I started a new book THE MYTH OF THE GODDESS: EVOLUTION OF AN IMAGE by Anne Baring and Jules Cashford. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

Right now, I'm concentrating on finishing up a rather major revision for HONEYMOON OF THE DEAD, which is due at the publisher in May for a '10 release. For those that have been following this blog, you probably remember I wrote most of this over the course of two months as part of a contest with a fellow writer. As a consequence, it's a bit patchy and rough. I'm actually quite fond of this kind of revision, i.e. when large section are already written. But I'm finding it hard to find enough hours in the day, what with grocery shopping, sick kid, late-night field trips for school, and such.

Given all that craziness, I'm really glad that a friend turned me on to this web site: Meditation Oasis. I've been shamelessly downloading their podcast/guided meditatoins by the fist-full for use on my .mp3 player. I have to say, if you're at all the sort who, like me, has always wanted to meditate but usually end up falling asleep... these might be for you. I'm really enjoying them, at any rate, and I'm totally the sort to conk out when I try to do it without "guidance" as it were.

No comments: